Inspiring Kids To Strive Towards The Extraordinary!
Please Note: We do not have a timeline for these courses, we are trying to start them as soon as possible!
Constructing With LittleBits
- Scratch � from MIT
- With Scratch, students can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations � and share their creations with others in the online community. Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively � essential skills for life in the 21st century. Scratch is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab.
- App Inventor
- MIT App Inventor is an innovative beginner's introduction to programming and app creation that transforms the complex language of text- based coding into visual, drag-and-drop building blocks. The simple graphical interface grants our youngest inventors the ability to create a basic, fully functional app within a month. All kids enrolled in this course will learn to create a simple game.
- Web Design
- This module will focus on basic web page creation, using the standards that underpin every page on the web (thats HTML and CSS). We will be using 'The Missing Manual' by Matthew MacDonald as our guide; students will also learn how to create a blog, how to find a reliable web host and how to create forums.
- Chess � Introduction to Logical and Strategic Decision Making
- Chess is a classic game of strategy. It makes kids smarter by teaching the following skills:
- Focusing: Children are taught the benefits of observing carefully and concentrating. If they dont watch what is happening, they cannot respond to it, no matter how smart they are.
- Visualizing: Children are prompted to imagine a sequence of actions before they happen. They get trained to shift the peices in their minds- first one, then several moves ahead.
- Thinking Ahead: Children are taught to think first, then act. Over time, chess helps develop patience and thoughtfullness.
- Analysing Concretely: Children learn to evaluate the results of specific actions and sequences.
- Planning: Children are taught to develop longer range goals and take steps towards bringing them about.
- Search, Find, Create and Present!
Students will be taught to:
- Build research skills
- Build confidence and communication skills
- Use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Paint
- Use VR goggles and visit nearly every corner of the World
- Develop and present what they learnt in front of the class
Building And Programming With LEGO WeDo
- LittleBits makes a platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small. Classes will focus on Developing a Passion for hands-on Inventing, problem solving and creativity. To find out more visit: littlebits.cc
- Designed for second through fourth grade elementary classrooms, the LEGO WeDo course is a hands-on solution that ignites students� curiosity, while enhancing their skills in science, engineering, technology, and coding. It provides an excellent platform for science learning, offering an innovative way for students to model reality, conduct investigations, and use design skills. Programming is an important part of 21st century learning. The WeDo 2.0 software teaches programming in an intuitive way � letting students bring their creations to life while sharpening computational thinking skills like logical reasoning, pattern recognition, and modeling simulations. To learn more, visit education.lego.com
- Minecraft: Education Edition is designed so that students can work in teams to solve problems, or as a whole class to master challenges within the game. Engaging in collaborative work teams and learning environments that foster cooperation in the classroom helps prepare students for their futures. Spatial thinking and pixel art in Minecraft create an excellent opportunity for students to work on mathematics and visual arts objectives in an engaging environment. To learn more, visit: education.minecraft.net